1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More alcohol at the Magic Kingdom?

Discussion in 'WDW News and Rumors' started by AgentAmandaK, Dec 16, 2016.

1. AgentAmandaK

AgentAmandaK Member

The Orlando Sentinel is reporting that Liberty Tree Tavern, Skipper Canteen, Cinderella's Royal Table, and Tony's will soon be serving alcohol. Previously only Be Our Guest served alcohol.

We know that Walt Disney did not want alcohol served at Disneyland, so in that tradition, no alcohol was served at the Magic Kingdom until the opening of Be Our Guest.

Does anyone feel up to discussing this? In my opinion, I don't think serving alchohol at sit-down restaurants will cause behavior issues in the park. If it were served at quick service locations or booths around the park, I think it would be different.

2. Holly

Holly New Member

I think it will be okay, although I do understand people's objections based on Walt's wishes. I think the comparisons to Epcot are a little overblown--I haven't found people drinking alcohol at Epcot to be a problem with the exception of the F&W Festival, which does get obnoxious, especially at night.

AgentAmandaK likes this.
  3. AgentAmandaK

AgentAmandaK Member

I'm excited, I think! I made a reservation for Skipper Canteen for our next trip. I'm guessing they'll have some fun drinks.

Holly likes this.
  4. Holly

Holly New Member

I bet they will!

5. Angie Waller

Angie Waller Member

I enjoy having a drink with dinner so I would like it. But it doesn't bother me that they don't.

Holly likes this.
  6. Holly

Holly New Member

That's kind of how I feel--I'm fine with them having it, I'm fine with them not having it, I don't really have a dog in this fight ;)

7. PNP Thom

PNP Thom PNP Ghost Host Staff Member

I don't see it being a huge issue. I mean, if you're worried about drunkenness in the parks a Guest could just as easily hop over from Epcot or grab something at their hotel before coming into the Magic Kingdom. I'm sure CMs are always on the lookout for odd behavior.

Personally, I've had more issues with obnoxious line jumpers than I ever have had with obnoxious drunks. ;)

Holly likes this.
  8. Angie Waller

Angie Waller Member

I agree. Even in Epcot it's never been ano issue for me. I've had more problems with perfectly sobor rude people than anyone drunk.