1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

January Family Trip

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Planning' started by AgentAmandaK, Dec 16, 2016.

1. AgentAmandaK

AgentAmandaK Member

Hi everyone! Since my family and I are planning a trip in January and we are getting closer to our dates, I thought I'd share our plans and see if anyone has any tips or advice.

We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside for the first time (well I stayed at Dixie Landings as a kid) with my husband and 2 and 4 year old boys.

Dining: Art Smith's Homecoming
    Be Our Guest Breakfast
    'Ohana dinner
    Garden Grill Breakfast
    Via Napoli dinner
    Tiffins lunch (my birthday!)
    Boma dinner
    Beaches and Cream Lunch OR Trattoria al Forno dinner (depending on HS fireworks schedules)
    Crystal Palace Breakfast
    BOG lunch
    La Hacienda de San Angel dinner

We are on a dining plan, so we will either release a couple reservations or pay out of pocket for some (like Via Napoli and Tiffins lunch)

We are spending 2 days at MK, 2 at Epcot, 1 at HS and 1 at AK. All my fast passes are done and we are hoping to use rider switch to our advantage since my littlest isn't tall enough for bigger rides. My 4 year old loves getting double rides! On our last trip he was the one asking cast members for rider switch passes by the end.

Any ideas to make it special? I'm hoping to get my son in Jedi training. We considered doing Pirate's League, but I think I want to wait until they are a little older and my little guy is old enough to be a pirate too. Also, any ideas on how to surprise them? Last time I wrapped up our magic band box and had it sitting on the table.

2. Angie Waller

Angie Waller Member

Since you are staying at Port Orleans have you heard about the Pirate Cruise that leaves from there just for kids? It's daily from 9:30 - 11:30. I have clients doing it this week and I can let you know how they like it.

3. AgentAmandaK

AgentAmandaK Member

Yes, please do! I'm not sure if I'd send my 4 year old alone since we'd still have the 2 year old. If they were both old enough to go, I'd do it in a heartbeat!

4. Angie Waller

Angie Waller Member

From my understanding they are really good with the kids on it. Kinda like child care just on a boat :)

5. AgentAmandaK

AgentAmandaK Member

Oh I'm sure. I'm just wondering if my two year old would be upset if he missed out! Once they are both old enough we will definitely have to try it.

6. PNP Thom

PNP Thom PNP Ghost Host Staff Member

If you're staying at Port Orleans Riverside, try and catch Yehaa Bob Jackson's show in the River Roost! He's an amazing entertainer, and his show is one of those "hidden gems" a lot of people don't know about! You won't regret an evening with Bob!

AgentAmandaK likes this.
  7. AgentAmandaK

AgentAmandaK Member

Thanks! That's definitely in the plans!

Holly and PNP Thom like this.
  8. PNP Thom

PNP Thom PNP Ghost Host Staff Member

Port Orleans Riverside also boasts a few other unique experiences, such as horse-drawn carriage rides at dusk and the ability to take a leisurely boat ride to Disney Springs. It's a great resort -- and I'm sure you will have a great time!

Holly likes this.