1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holidays around the World

Discussion in 'Epcot' started by Angie Waller, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Angie Waller

Angie Waller Member

This is my favorite thing to do at WDW around the holidays. We went for my bday a couple of years ago and I had so much fun learning about all the traditions around the world. In 1 day I saw all of them expect United States and 1 other one. The only reason I missed those 2 was because lunch took longer than I planned. Next time I plan on grabbing quick service and hopefully I can catch all of them.

Holly likes this.
  2. Holly

Holly New Member

I would love to do this too! We went the beginning of December in 2008 & they did have story tellers in each pavilion, but I don't think it was as organized as it is now ;)

3. Barb Strait

Barb Strait New Member

Holidays around the world in Epcot is one of the best ways to kick off the holiday season! My personal favorite country during this event is Germany. The Biergarten does an amazing Christmas show that gets the kids involved. The performers sing, tell stories, play the bells, and all of the children seemed to love it. The German blown glass ornaments were a hit too. The well know German glass blower let my children choose what colors they wanted in their ornament and they watched him make it. While he worked, the German singers were yodeling on stage in the background! Also, the Candlelight Processional is an absolute must and I recommend getting the dining package (I would choose Biergarten) because the show is packed each night. I love the Holiday Around the World passport that you can get to see what yummy treats are around the World Showcase too. If traveling to WDW during the holidays, get excited for Epcot!

4. AgentAmandaK

AgentAmandaK Member

I am really hoping to get to WDW in early December, at least for a long weekend, sometime. We have always gone during Food & Wine or Flower and Garden, so I have never actually done Christmas time at Disney!

5. Barb Strait

Barb Strait New Member

Amanda, this was our first year. We also go for both festivals. The Candle light Processional alone makes it worth going. Watching it drinking hot cocoa, or an eggnog porter (that was me!), made it even more magical. We have already booked the same trip in 2017! You must go and experience it and don't miss Biergarten :)

6. AgentAmandaK

AgentAmandaK Member

I really hope we can make it work!