1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Day?

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Planning' started by Barb Strait, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Barb Strait

Barb Strait New Member

What do you like to do the day you check in? Do you use a park ticket and head straight to a park? Do you relax, enjoy the resort perhaps the pool, and go to dinner? I usually tell my clients to check in and get to know the resort and book them a dinner in Disney Springs or a resort restaurant, then start day 2 in Magic Kingdom!

2. Angie Waller

Angie Waller Member

It depends on how long we are staying and what time we get fly in. Same with my clients. If they are only there for a short time I encourage them to go to the parks as soon as they get there. If it's a long trip I encourage them to relax the 1st day. In Dec I had clients fly in the day of a party so I got them tickets for the party that day. It worked out perfect.

AgentAmandaK likes this.
  3. Kambrea

Kambrea New Member

It depends on what time we get in. Usually we just add an extra ticket and hit the parks after we get there. That is after driving 18 hours straight too! I might be getting too old for it soon.

AgentAmandaK likes this.
  4. AgentAmandaK

AgentAmandaK Member

It depends for us too. This time our flight is arriving around 4:30 pm, and we are taking Magical Express to Riverside. The plan is to take the boat over to Disney Springs and get a quick service dinner. If we get there too late we will just get quick service at our resort and look for Yehaa Bob :)

5. Barb Strait

Barb Strait New Member

You are all correct. Typically it usually works out to enjoy a dinner out the first night but on a quick trip, of course you need to head to the park. That is the nice part about online check in too! :)

6. JackieForDisney

JackieForDisney New Member

It depends on the dynamic of the travelers. If they are all about the go, go, go, I try to get them the earliest flight if flying and then they hit the park by lunch time. If they are more laid back, have little travelers, or have a lot of time to spend I suggest checking out Disney Springs or their resort with a dinner reservation. If they have the magic your way package it's a great opportunity to use their miniature golf vouchers if they opt not to run straight to a park. If the weather isn't cooperative I've had clients resort hop and explore along the monorail line finishing with dinner at one of the monorail resorts. If it's just adults traveling, booking an afternoon spa treatment or taking in a round of golf is also a great way to start relaxing. There's really no bad way to spend your first day in the most magical place on earth.

AgentAmandaK likes this.